Oranges are one of the distinctive and beloved fruits, as they are famous for their high content of vitamin C, which is necessary to protect the body from winter diseases. So what are the benefits of orange?
Orange is a famous citrus fruit in the winter season and loved by most of us, and it is considered a very rich source of many vitamins, minerals and nutrients, so let's learn more about the benefits of orange and its nutritional contents below.
The Benefits of Oranges
These are the benefits of orange in detail.
1- Cancer Prevention and Control
Numerous studies have proven the benefits of oranges and citrus fruits in general:
- Fighting a large number of cancers, including cancers of the skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon.
- Reducing the risk of liver cancer, possibly due to its carotenoids content, which are powerful antioxidants.
- I agree that orange peel prevents and protects against lung cancer, because it contains the following two substances: polymethoxyflavones and liminoid, and the latter also helps prevent stomach, colon and breast cancers.
2- Lowering Cholesterol
These are the benefits of orange in this matter:
- Orange's high content of soluble fiber makes it very useful in lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- White orange peel (the pulp) contains flavonoids that help reduce low-density lipoprotein ("bad" cholesterol).
3- Promote Cardiovascular Health
Oranges are a fruit rich in potassium and calcium, which are:
- Substances responsible for regulating and enhancing heart function.
- Potassium is an important component of the cell and body fluids that help control heart rate and blood pressure. When potassium levels are low, the heartbeat becomes abnormal, in a condition called an arrhythmia.
And oranges have a role in regulating high blood pressure, as the flavonoids in oranges help to regulate high blood pressure, so the magnesium in them helps maintain blood pressure.
4- It Strengthens the Immune System
This is how oranges work to strengthen the immune system:
- Oranges are rich in vitamin C, which protects cells by fighting free radicals. Each 100 grams of it contains 53.2 mg of vitamin C, and free radicals cause chronic diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
- Its antioxidants work against viral infections, as studies indicate that the abundance of polyphenols in oranges protect against viral infection.
5- Prevention of Constipation
Oranges contain a high percentage of dietary fiber, which stimulates the digestive juices in the digestive system, and facilitates the work of the intestine and digestive processes in general, which helps prevent and treat constipation
6- Maintaining healthy skin and eyes
The benefits of orange in this regard are due to the following factors:
- It is converted into vitamin A to help prevent macular degeneration, combat night blindness, and preserve vision.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage, which also protects the skin from free radicals and prevents the signs of aging.
- Oranges help prevent skin cancer, as the flavonoids in white orange peel (the pulp) - with the help of vitamin C - delay the growth processes of cancer cells.
For information about Orange Benefits فوائد البرتقال and Healthy Desserts حلويات صحية